Saturday, May 15, 2010

The food in Albuquerque

By Amy

Sorry I've been a bad blogger. That's my sisters job usually. Ha ha. Just been busy with the usual. Housework, paperwork, workwork. Speaking of work-work....I went in today to spot check my bosses house before a party and in my cabinet (where I keep my purse and stuff) was three HUGE yellow onions. I asked her where it came from and she said that as a Thank you from someone they sent her ten Texas yellow onions. They were really from a Texas farm and they are almost the size of Texas. Probably four times bigger then your average yellow onion. You may think it's a strange gift but when you have everything already....people have to pay attention and listen hard for gift ideas. She probably went to dinner with this person and she may have mentioned that it has been awhile since she had a nice yellow onion. And then....POOF! Ten arrive at her doorstep. That is the way things work around there. Anyway, she said there was no way they could eat all of them. So she shared them with me. Which happens very very frequently. Almost everyday I cart home some sort of "castaway." But the beauty of this is that I NEVER know what I will be the recipient of. It could be anything from leftover food to a Kate Spade purse. I will tell you one thing though, I am grateful for everything. Onions and all.

Ok I just tried to download some pictures of what this post was suposed to be about. And blogger won't let me. Hmmm....so I guess you will have to wait to see pictures of the food I ate in Albuquerque. Now try not to hold your breath because I know you were all just DYING to see pictures of food. In Albuquerque. Let me just type that one more time. Albuquerque. Because no matter how many times I type it....it just doesn't feel right. I have to really think about how to spell it every time. What's wrong with Albaqerkey. Or Albukerky. Albuquerque looks like a weird french word. Now I'm really rambling. I'll try again tomorrow. I know you will be up all night just waiting for the next post. Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment